April 9, 2006

Passing Time and New & Improved Goals

Today is my dad's first anniversary with Lydia. I'm still mad that he couldn't find a different time, because Erik's birthday is tomorrow. Actually, I don't know why that really bothers me. I just feel like it takes away from his birthday, seeing as how it seems like they're busy cooing and giving each other diamonds.

Erik got majorly spoiled by my dad for his birthday, and I can't help but feel a little jealous. (My dad said that my brother was spoiled because I was spoiled for my 16th birthday - I think I got a flat iron for my hair, but that's hardly being spoiled, hmm...) Erik was given some pretty awesome computer parts, but my dad was too cheap to get the store to put the computer all together, so it became a project of doom. Erik put it together twice, but never got anything but the fans to work. Thanks to my dad's cheapness, Erik won't have a computer at all for almost a week because it needs to sit in the store "being worked on." Why do stores do that? It doesn't take a week to look inside and say, "Oh, there's the problem."

Since my weight loss efforts are failing, I sat down and re-evalutated my goals. It's going to take some major disipline, but it's all very possible.

- No more buying crap from the cafeteria. Crap meaning candy and chips, even if I can get it to fit in with my points. If I do need to buy lunch there, it will definately be sensible.
- Exercising doesn't mean I get to have a little more to eat. That just defeats to whole purpose!
- Snacks should be as healthy as possible. Fruit is good, and tasty. Mmm, fruit.
- Curse you Weight Watchers, for adding FlexPoints. As great as they are to have, I'm going to use them very sparingly.

Yeah, I think that'll do. I really think that after writing these down and really being able to see them, it'll definately help.

And now, Physics homework...

No comments: