April 17, 2006

Rant

Reasons why I hate people being able to make their own MSN names:

- If you love your boy/girlfriend, just tell him/her. If I know that you're dating, I'm pretty sure it's a given that you care.
- Emo lyrics are boring. In the eternal words of Jamie: "World's Smallest Violin."
- Just use regular Roman characters... if I have to spend more than 15 seconds trying to figure out what numbers/symbols represent what letters, I get annoyed.
- Setting your MSN name to "Leave me alone" and being online is just stupid. Want to be left alone? Appear offline. MSN has this handy thing called offline messages if you want to look offline but you can still chat.
- "Woe is me, no one cares..." Ugh! This is just asking for someone to come tottering along and ask you what's wrong. And then you'll say, "Grr, nothing!" At that point you should look at yourself, say "Oh," and then get rid of that stupid thing in your name.
- Random punctuation... '}~ WTF?
- "Styrafoam purse buggy! lolololololol Jen & Bob" Okay, so here's what you do. Wait for Jen and Bob to log in, THEN tell them that personally. You see, inside jokes aren't funny to the fifty-eight other people on your list, so they just don't care.
- Links that you can't even copy & paste without getting the person to talk to you, that take up your entire browser line...
- I really hate reading all of this two hundred times in a chat.

Reasons why the Personal Message feature is so awesome:

- You can put all of your quotes, shout-outs, crazy symbols, and emo things in here, and it won't take up four lines of our chat, every time you send me a message.
- I can make my MSN window narrow enough to completely hide most of these things from view.
- It's just so much cleaner and more organized.

Yeah, I've been guilty of at least two of these things, but I now realize the err of my ways.


Edit: If your MSN name contains one of these things, I don't hate you! It's your name and you can do what you want with it. This is just a personal pet peeve of mine... we all have them.

1 comment:

Aaron Tait said...

This has to be one of the best blog posts ever! I have been bitching about this for years! Death to <3!