March 19, 2006

Secrets and Layouts and Lined Paper

Every Sunday, I go to PostSecret. It reminds me that there are still "human" people out there. It makes me think of my own secrets. It makes me sad for the people who send in their postcards, but I know that they're better now because of it.

This morning I started to make a layout for this blog, that actually had to do something with fabric. I found this beautiful picture of a piece of orange fabric, and I pretty much fell in love with it. I stretched it out to a banner size... and then I got distracted. Now that I've written about it, I'm inspired to keep going.

I'm sitting here with a binder full of lined paper and a cheap blue pen, waiting for the right words to come to me. These are my tools of my trade. Before I found this binder, I went through my big binder of things I've written since I was about 11 years old. It's funny to see how much your writing has changed over the years. It's also funny to see how I've struggled with writing the same idea for almost 7 years.

No comments: