January 11, 2007

The Last Little Bit...

A few days after I got back to school, I had an anxiety attack. I've never had this before. It was scary. I was having this intense chest pain that would not go away. The on-campus emergency team was called up to my room, and they told me that they couldn't find anything wrong. For some reason, right after they left, I had about an hour of relief. That was around 6:00am - the first sleep I had all night. But then it woke me up again, and it was worse. I went to the clinc, where a nurse couldn't find anything wrong with me that could cause the pain, just like the other people. She started asking how "other" things were, and I couldn't help but cry. She told me that this type of pain was common with anxiety. The doctor looked at me and told me the same thing. I was then sent off to get an EKG (which told the nurse my heart was normal), and x-rays.

I've been trying to get in contact with this chaplain/counsellor that I've had recommended to me, but I haven't gotten a response from her. I suppose it's the alternative to those anti-depressents that there was talk of.

Last night my mom had a second allergic reaction to the anti-sezure medication, and it was worse. Erik took her to the emergency room. They gave her a ton of stuff through IV, I guess... I'm not entirely sure what happened. Erik had to go back around 2:00am to try to pick her up, but I guess that they weren't done with her. She came back a little after 6:00am by taxi. And then went to work. I wish she wouldn't do that. And I wish that I could be there to take care of her. I don't like that my little brother has to do things like this... he's still a kid and should be worried about getting his summative done and going to movies.

But on a happier note, my dad got Facebook. Everyone should add him so that he feels special. :)

No comments: