January 16, 2007

Change

Tomorrow I'm going to give my life a bit of a turnaround. I'm starting to go to the gym. I've completed my sessions with my trainer, so now I know what I'm doing. She'll have my typed plan for me, and I'm picking it up in the evening. I've gained a lot of weight since starting school, and I'm really quiet embarrassed by it. I've always seemed to be very susceptible to weight gain over very small things, and the 'school lifestyle' just kind of... made it a lot worse. But now, I'm going to get back to my old self, and then I'm going to get better than my old self. I'm actually really, really excited about getting into a workout routine. I can't wait to get back into all of my jeans.

And I guess this is a good thing to start since the whole anxiety thing, too. My life could use a couple more turnarounds like this, too. Like, going to bed at a reasonable time... I've fallen into that habit and I'm having a terrible time getting out of it. But I hear that sleep comes a lot more easily with exercise.

I'm super excited about the engineering formal on Saturday. I've discovered that I really love dancing, even though I'm horrible and I have no idea what I'm doing. But it's just way too much fun. (And I've joined ballroom dancing with Steve... it's amazing.) Formals are also just fun in themselves.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to see that counsellor. I know I told my mom that I'd go, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable just walking in and telling her the thousands of things that bother me every day. I'm also not sure I'm comfortable with that fact that she's not officially a counsellor, but a chaplain. There's nothing wrong with that, but I don't have problems relating to religion, or want solutions that relate to religion. I guess I need to look into the other counselling services or something.

Anyway, bed is calling... it's been quite the day.

No comments: