August 5, 2006

Work

Yesterday I took a decongestant, and I felt a lot better. I thought I'd be pretty much healthy today. And yet, this morning, I woke up worse. I couldn't breathe very well and I had developed a cough and a tiny bit of a sore throat. Luckily enough though, when I sat up for a bit, the breathing got better. Unfortunately, I also sound like a man. Now I'm worried about how long I'll be sick for...

I just called in sick. I couldn't tell which woman was at the other end of the line, but she wasn't particularly observant.

Me: Hi, it's Kaitlin. I have a cold, so I won't be coming in today...
Her: Oh, there's someone in already.

Me: ...Well yeah, I work 12:30 - 8:30 today. I'm just calling in ahead of time.
Her: Well, Stephanie is in already.
Me: I know, but I can't come in later.

Yeah, that went on for a bit. It turns out that they also changed my hours again without letting me know... The woman said that I was working until 9, not 8:30. I really, really hate when they do that. Would it be so hard to just give me a quick call to let me know? Ugh.

No comments: